The Methodist Church was formally organized with fourteen members by Reverend W. H. LeFevre in 1882. A building was built in 1884. In 1888 Dublin became a full time charge and in 1890 built a new and larger building. This structure was then purchased and moved by the Presbyterians and in 1901-1902 a new stone church was constructed on the old location under the pastoral leadership of Reverend H. A. Boaz who later was elected Bishop.
The church was organized as a part of the North West Texas Conference, but in 1919 transferred to the Central Texas Conference. A new parsonage was built in 1963. In 1968 we became known as the First United Methodist Church when the Methodist and the Evangelical United Brethren Churches merged.
The idea of a new church building was born in 1966. On April 30, 1975 a church conference voted to rebuild on a new location. In February of 1977, a 3 ½ acre tract of land was purchased on Highland Avenue. A new building was completed under the leadership of Reverend A. J. Wormwood. The First United Methodist Church of Dublin has every right to be proud of her history.
We believe that the Church is a community of all true believers under the Lordship of Christ. It is the redeemed and redeeming fellowship in which the Word of God is preached by persons divinely called, and the Sacraments are duly administered according to Christ’s own appointment. Under the discipline of the Holy Spirit the Church seeks to provide for the maintenance of worship, the edification of believers, and the redemption of the world.